EISA Mobility Fund
The EISA Mobility Fund is designed to provide financial support for PEC and EWIS participants. In line with our commitment to inclusivity, the Fund aims to make EISA events accessible to every member of our academic community, including doctoral researchers, early career scholars, colleagues on short-term and/or precarious contracts, scholars from the global South as well as those who face discrimination and marginalisation.
Mobility and Inclusion
"EISA is an inclusive association. It encourages, facilitates and supports the participation of persons who are disadvantaged for reasons related for example to their gender, race, physical characteristics, religion, socio-economic, cultural or national situation. The aim to be inclusive is reflected in all EISA activities, including in its conference panels, workshops and Exploratory Symposia. Initiatives such as the no-all-male event rule or the organization of childcare at core EISA events support this aim. Inclusion is also a core criterion determining the allocation of funding and positions related to EISA activities."
How to Apply
If you have been accepted as a participant at an EWIS event, you can apply to the Mobility Fund prior to event registration by using an appropriate EWIS application form (to be available when applications open)
Applications for EWIS mobility fund 2024 will open 4th March 2024. Deadline for EWIS mobility fund applications: 18 March 2024.
We will notify the outcome of your application prior to event registration is closed.
The Mobility Fund applicants must
- Be an EISA member at the time of the application
- EISA members who previously received support from the Fund in the past two years are not eligible.
- Provide documentation on whether they have access to financial support from their own institutions and/or from funding bodies
- Proof of financial support or lack thereof must be submitted along with the application form, and must be signed by the applicant’s institution and/or funding body.
- EISA will only consider applications from participants with existing sources of financial support if the amount of that support is less than €100 (e.g. If a participant has already received €150 from their own institution they should not apply)
Financial support (€400 per/recipient received from the Fund can be used to cover travel expenses, accommodation and event registration).
Distribution of Funds
Mobility fund recipients will receive their grants after their participation at EWIS.
Funds are distributed in two principal ways:
1. One (1) grant is earmarked for participants from each of the following regions:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- South and Central America
- North America
2. Participants are assessed on the basis of their application form and circumstances. We prioritise the following categories in determining the ranking:
- Doctoral researchers and early career scholars
- Applicants who participated in and/or organised panels/roundtables/sections at previous PEC and EWIS events.