Postdoctoral Bridge Grants
EISA Postdoctoral Bridge Grants will support recently graduated or final-year PhD students who have not secured an academic contract or fellowship. They are designed to help bridge the gap between a doctorate and a postdoctoral funded/salaried position. EISA will award up to 3 Bridge Grants of €3,000 each to support early career colleagues’ transition from doctoral research to academic employment. The scheme is particularly aimed at those who require additional time and funds to finalise potential publications or incubate postdoctoral funding proposals in conjunction with the completion of their doctoral projects.
- Applicants must have an active EISA membership.
- Applicants must either (a) have been awarded their PhD degree within 12 months of the application deadline, or (b) have submitted their PhD degree (pending award confirmation) within 12 months of the application deadline.
- Applicants must not yet have held a permanent academic post after PhD completion.
- Applicants must submit
- A 1-page proposal, outlining the specific task (e.g., drafting a funding proposal, completing a peer-reviewed article, preparing a book manuscript proposal) they intend to undertake and/or support with EISA funding.
- A brief CV (maximum 4 pages).
- Confirmation of PhD status, or if the degree has not been awarded at the time of application, a letter from PhD supervisors confirming the applicant’s examination/degree award timeline.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form.
- Publications resulting from the research period supported by the Bridge Grants must provide credit to EISA.
The deadline for sending the applications is 28 February 2023. The winners will be announced by the first week of May.
If you have any questions about the scheme or the application form, please contact email@example.com.