UACES 50th Annual European Studies Conference
Queen’s University Belfast, 6-9 September 2020
CfP Deadline: 26 January
We are delighted to invite paper and panel proposals for UACES 2020 in Belfast.
Our landmark 50th Annual Conference will be a wonderful opportunity to explore the Northern Ireland’s buzzing capital city. Once a major industrial powerhouse and the birthplace of RMS Titanic, Belfast boasts a vibrant culinary scene and a rich arts and cultural heritage, with plenty of opportunities for visitors to learn about its political history and explore its surrounding beauty.
Our hosts are the School of Law and the School of HAPP (History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics) at Queen’s University Belfast – a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, and the 9th oldest university in the UK.
We welcome proposals from established academics, practitioners, early-career researchers and doctoral students in topics across all fields of research on contemporary Europe and the European Union (including, but not limited to, Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Law, Geography, History, Public Policy, Anthropology, Cultural Studies and Sociology).
Proposals for individual papers, pre-organised panels and non-traditional panels are all welcome. Panels will be prioritised, where all else is equal. Please read the guidelines carefully here before making your submission.
Conference highlights include:
- 3 days of research sessions across a range of topics in European Studies (view last year's programme here)
- Keynote lecture by Professor Wojciech Sadurski (University of Sydney / Warsaw University, @WojSadurski) on ‘EU in charge of the rule of law in member states? The role for Europe in the time of democratic backsliding’
- Plenary panels, non-traditional sessions (e.g. book panel, mini-symposium, roundtable) and the annual Teaching and Learning Workshop
- The chance to explore the history, culture and beautiful surroundings of Northern Ireland’s capital
- Conference Dinner and UACES Awards Ceremony at the Titanic Hotel
- Visit conference homepage
- Make a submission now
- Request a reminder about the CfP deadline (now extended to 26 January)
Share the call with colleagues:
- Forward this email
- Request flyers for your department
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Join, and invite colleagues to, the Facebook event page
Finding panel participants:
- Send a call for panel participants to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tag @UACES on social media
- All shared calls will be uploaded on the UACES website
UACES Office (Emily, Emma, Helena & Kerstin)
+44 207 419 5446 | email@example.com