Reseach Training Group “World Politics: The emergence of political arenas and modes of observation in world society”: 10 Research positions
As part of the Research Training Group “World politics: The emergence of political arenas and modes of observation in world society”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), ten doctoral positions with a maximum funding period of three years will be filled as of October 1st, 2020.
The research tasks include:
- implementation of a research project related to the Research Training Group’s program and the corresponding preparation of a research report/publication
- participation in the academic program of the Research Training Group
- participation in the obligatory program of events
The Research Training Group offers doctoral students the opportunity to carry out their doctoral projects in a closely networked research environment. In addition to employment, some financial support will be provided for the organisationof workshops, for travel to conferences and for research stays abroad. In case of completing the doctorate within three years, there is also the possibility of applying for subsequent post-doc start-up financial support.
- a completed academic degree (Master/Magister or equivalent) in political science, international relations, history, sociology or law
- preparation of a research report / publication in the fields of political science / international relations, history, sociology or law, which contribute to the Research
- Training Group research programme(for further information on the research programmesee: https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/worldpolitics/)
- excellent command of English (the group’s working language is English)
- commitment and motivation
- independent, self-reliant and committed work
- distinctive organisationaland coordination skills
- cooperative and a team-oriented way of working
Preferable qualifications: scientific publications in the subject area of the Research Training Group
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in §2 (1) paragraph 1 of the WissZeitVG(fixed-term employment), the contract will end after three years. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVGand the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The employment is designed to encourage further academic qualification.
The positions are advertised as 65 % part-time jobs. In individual cases, this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not conflict with official needs.
Bielefeld University is particularly committed to equal opportunities and the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external training and further training programmes. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programmes. Bielefeld University places great importance on a work–family balance for all its employees.
For full consideration, your application should be received via either post (see postal address below) or email (a single PDF) document sent to email@example.com April 13th, 2020. Please mark your application with the identification code: wiss19243. Please do not use application portfolios and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure.
Further information on Bielefeld University can be found on our homepage at www.uni-bielefeld.de. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. Information on the processing of personal data is available https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/Universitaet/Aktuelles/Stellenausschreibungen/2019_DS-Hinweise_englisch.pdf.
Research Training Group "World Politics“
P.O. Box: 10 01 31
Name: Dr. Mustafa Aksakal
Phone: 0521 106-12665